My Computer Fan Doesn't Work Even When Replaced

  • We hope all of you consume a great holiday season and an incredible Refreshing Class. Thanks such for being part of the community!
sickness335
Jul 25, 2010
87
0
18,630
0
  • #1
Hawaii All,

Specs:
ASRock X370 Killer SLI AM4 AMD
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Seasonic 750W Flower Atomic number 22
New CPU Ice chest: Deepcool Assassinator III (Amazon reference here )
NZXT H700i Tower

Fresh noted the stock Ryzen winnow wasn't performing as adequately equally I would have liked (as illustrious by well-nig 30c temperature lift when playing 1440p Assassinator's Creed Odyssey or 1440p Phantasm of the Tomb Raider). Went ahead and ordered the Assassin III along with other fan (to replace a stock NZXT fan) for the front of my NZXT type. No problems with installations... motherboard LED light turns on as normal, all the same the PC does not start. Went leading and did a little troubleshooting as follows...

Replaced Li battery
Checked all cables leading from motherboard to PSU - nothing noted out of place - however I'm considering breadboarding it
To note: When taking the CPU & recent cooler knocked out I noticed it was pretty easy to ask out... which lead to me to believe I simply did not "lock" the CPU in place. Redid removal of old thermal glue with 70% alcohol, practical thermal paste and placed it in correctly while ensuring it was locked in this time.
In the first place: Assassin III tank's wires were connected to the back of the tower where the stock fans were connected... rotated sites and plugged the Assassin cooler into the CPU connectors where the Central processor stock fans were originally connected. Tranquil nothing

Like I said, I'm thinking of breadboarding IT. I may as wel replace the Assassin III with the stock - just will need to buy more thermal library paste as I am out at the moment.

Whatever help is appreciated. Pictures put up be provided if need be. Thank you!

digitalgriffin
Jan 29, 2008
2,417
702
21,290
166
  • #5
Aloha State Totally,

Specs:
ASRock X370 Killer SLI AM4 AMD
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Seasonic 750W Prime Titanium
Unprecedented CPU Cooler: Deepcool Assassin III (Amazon reference here )
NZXT H700i Hul

Recently noted the stock Ryzen fan wasn't performing as adequately as I would suffer likeable (As noted away nearly 30c temperature rise when playing 1440p Assassin's Creed Odyssey or 1440p Shadow of the Tomb Raider). Went ahead and ordered the Bravo III along with other rooter (to replace a stock NZXT buff) for the front of my NZXT case. Nary problems with installations... motherboard LED pastel turns along as normal, however the PC does non start. Went onward and did a bit troubleshooting as follows...

Replaced lithium battery
Checked all cables star from motherboard to PSU - nothing noted inapposite - however I'm considering breadboarding information technology
To line: When taking the CPU & radical tank prohibited I detected it was pretty easy to take out... which pass to me to believe I just did not "lock" the CPU in place. Redid removal of old thermal paste with 70% alcoholic beverage, applied thermal paste and arranged IT in correctly while ensuring it was locked in that time.
Originally: Assassin III cooler's wires were related to to the back of the towboa where the stock fans were connected... revolved sites and plugged the Assassin tank into the CPU connectors where the CPU stock fans were originally connected. Still nothing

Like I said, I'm rational of breadboarding it. I may also replace the Assassin III with the stock - but will need to buy Sir Thomas More natural spring spread arsenic I am out at the moment.

Any assist is appreciated. Pictures can be provided if need be. Thank you!

Unplug everything but the GPU and the CPU and Pith CPU cooler sports fan.
Disconnect magnate supply. Pull CMOS jump shot. Push power button for a good 15 seconds.

If that doesn't work, I would go with Nemesia's trace and look for a bent of humbled pin. I hate to order it, but when it comes to both outflow paste, they will yank the CPU retired of the barred socket and leave wrong the pins. That's wherefore the caring and twist then lift method is preferred. I've encountered 2 some other people on this forum where the Central processing unit just got yanked out of the socket when removing their onetime cooler with the old glue.

Nemesia
Nov 6, 2022
5,755
1,231
17,390
994
  • #2
Hi sickness335.

I would replace the new cooler by the stock one to see if you hind end even boot with that and at the same time look for bent pin.

And what practice you ungenerous by not start? no fan turning nothing or is the system booting sporting not posting?

sickness335
Jul 25, 2010
87
0
18,630
0
  • #3
And what do you mean by not start? no fan turning nothing or is the system booting just not mailing?
Volition set, will try that with the stock cooler.

The system does not start, nor do the fans call on. The only when "signs of life" I get is the LED lights on the motherboard (which is on normally when the PC is on).

Nemesia
Nov 6, 2022
5,755
1,231
17,390
994
  • #4
Wish execute, will try that with the stock cooler.

The system does not start, nor do the fans go. The only "signs of life" I acquire is the LED lights on the motherboard (which is on normally when the Personal computer is on).

is information technology starting if you short the 2 power button oarlock without exploitation the case power button?
digitalgriffin
Jan 29, 2008
2,417
702
21,290
166
  • #5
Hawaii Complete,

Specs:
ASRock X370 Killer SLI AM4 AMD
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Seasonic 750W Prime Titanium
New Central processing unit Cooler: Deepcool Assassin Terzetto (Amazon reference here )
NZXT H700i Tower

Recently noted the parentage Ryzen fan wasn't playing as adequately as I would have liked (As noted by almost 30c temperature rise when playing 1440p Assassin's Gospel Odyssey operating theatre 1440p Shadow of the Grave Raider). Went ahead and ordered the Assassin Terzetto along with another fan (to replace a stock NZXT fan) for the front of my NZXT case. No problems with installations... motherboard LED light turns on as normal, however the PC does not start. Went before and did a little troubleshooting as follows...

Replaced lithium battery
Checked all cables ahead from motherboard to PSU - aught noted dead of place - nevertheless I'm considering breadboarding it
To note: When taking the CPU & new-sprung cooler out I noticed information technology was pretty easy to pull up... which lead to me to believe I plainly did not "lock" the Processor in put over. Redid removal of old thermal paste with 70% alcohol, applied fountain paste and placed it in correctly patc ensuring it was locked in this time.
Originally: Assassin III cooler's wires were related to to the back of the tower where the stock fans were contiguous... rotated sites and plugged the Assassinator cooler into the CPU connectors where the CPU line of descent fans were originally affiliated. Still nothing

Like I said, I'm thinking of breadboarding it. I may likewise replace the Assassin Threesome with the stock - but will need to buy more thermal paste as I am kayoed at the moment.

Some assistance is appreciated. Pictures can follow provided if need be. Thank you!

Unplug everything but the GPU and the CPU and Inwardness CPU cooler fan.
Unplug power supply. Root CMOS jumper. Pushing power button for a salutary 15 seconds.

If that doesn't mold, I would go game with Nemesia's suggestion and search a bent of broken pin. I hate to say it, simply when it comes to some thermal paste, they bequeath yank the Processor retired of the locked socket and will damage the pins. That's wherefore the warm and wrestle then lift method is pet. I've encountered 2 other people on this forum where the CPU just got yanked out of the socket when removing their old cooler with the old paste.

sickness335
Jul 25, 2010
87
0
18,630
0
  • #6
is it starting if you short the 2 power clitoris pin without using the case power button?
I wish endeavor that. Give thanks you both for your comments.

I attempted your hint, Digitalgriffin, withal with no luck.

Nemesia - In regards to a broken pin - I bequeath take a look. The only issue with doing so is that I leave have to take the CPU off the motherboard. I ordered some to a greater extent thermal paste indeed that should come in by Friday. I had difficulty taking off the CPU originally - however I did the "warm and twist" method just with prior knowledge, but still needed to use quite a bit of force to remove it.

I plan along dismemberment everything and putting it back together, along with the stock CPU instead of the new one. With any luck, it leave work. Question about the new cooler though.... does it matter where those fans are connected? I ne'er used after grocery store CPU coolers (I adjoining them to the back like any other fan cord. Then switched to the "CPU Winnow" connector happening the motherboard - nothing happened either way since the computer didn't boot but thought IT was related somehow).

Jogibearson
  • #7
I'm concerned about the "Easy to pick in the lead" part when you switched the tank. I have to shrive that I more than enough multiplication, ripped my hapless ryzen tabu of his socket because the thermal paste didnt wanna let blend in only I never had it casual to pick IT up. I also think its extremly last that you didnt engage it in situ since the handle would be up, interfering with the cooler...
If I would put my money on the motherboard being defective.
sickness335
Jul 25, 2010
87
0
18,630
0
  • #8
I'm concerned about the "Easy to pick over up" part when you switched the cooler. I have to profess that I more than enough multiplication, ripped my poor ryzen out of his socket because the thermal glue didnt wanna let go but I never had it easy to pick information technology upwards. I too mean its extremly unlikely that you didnt lock it in situ since the handle would be up, interfering with the ice chest...
If I would put my money on the motherboard being abnormal.
That was my concern too - I wonder if I simply had the lever down before lowering the Central processing unit and cooler depressed. After taking it off again though, I ready-made sure it was aligned correctly and the lever was up, and ready-made sure it was pushed down pat to whorl it in place.

That's an interesting distributor point - could the motherboard have simply been along it's final legs? Would have been an interesting timing.

Jogibearson
  • #9
If you can feel a cut-rate one try if information technology boots with some other CPU. If it doesn't its 100% the mobo.
sickness335
Jul 25, 2010
87
0
18,630
0
  • #10
Thusly I went ahead and pulled everything unstylish and started over. Same conclusion - motherboard LED light on but no power to the rest of the system of rules. Tried jump starting simply nary ability dormie.

Will try with the stock CPU fan once the heat sink arrives... but I don't think it's the new CPU rooter, either.

I consume another 750W PSU that's ne'er been used I could try. Could the PSU be the issue?

I'll strain that too, Jogibearson.

sickness335
Jul 25, 2010
87
0
18,630
0
  • #11
Information technology appears some of the CPU pins were lamentably bent... I'm guessing it happened when I was winning prohibited the stock CPU fan (DOH!). Lesson learned I suppose.

Tried realigning them with a automatonlike pencil but seems despite that, I'm not getting some signs of life differently that one LED on the motherboard. Tried with a different PSU but still cypher besides the one LED light. I was going to attempt with another CPU but realized my old Phenom 2 is AM3.

Guess now it's matter of considering what to do next. I could buy some other 3900x operating room I could climb both Central processing unit and motherboard (john't stand my ASRock to begin with).

Nemesia
Nov 6, 2022
5,755
1,231
17,390
994
  • #12
IT appears some of the CPU pins were lamentably bent... I'm guessing it happened when I was taking proscribed the stock CPU fan (DOH!). Lesson lettered I presuppose.

Tried realigning them with a mechanical pencil but seems despite that, I'm not getting any signs of life other than that one LED on the motherboard. Tried with a different PSU but still nothing besides the matchless LED lighter-than-air. I was going to attempt with some other CPU but accomplished my old Phenom II is AM3.

Guess now it's matter of considering what to do future. I could buy another 3900x or I could upgrade both CPU and motherboard (fanny't stand my ASRock to lead off with).

Get a B550 board with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU if you fire find one. The single core performance is very much better on Zen 3.

If I were you I would sporty buy a 3600 and delay until you can buoy find a 5900X simply that's just what I would do :)

Train of thought fledgeling Quasi threads Forum Replies Date
Yaboku Systems 4
Ceverino Systems 2
R Systems 18
Trithesnake Systems 6
S Systems 3
C Systems 2
U Systems 5
Z Systems 4
AntiSipater Systems 1
Priyanshu945 Systems 8
  • Advertising
  • Cookies Policies
  • Privacy
  • Term &ere; Conditions
  • Topics

My Computer Fan Doesn't Work Even When Replaced

Source: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/computer-not-starting-after-stock-cpu-fan-replaced.3667315/

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel